• Our Foundation: Here at the Nacogdoches Vineyard, we believe that Jesus is the Son of God, born of a virgin, crucified and raised from the dead, and sits at the right-hand of God, as Lord of all.
• The Theology and Practice of the Kingdom of God: We are committed to the theology and practice of the kingdom of God, as we see it lived out in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
As followers of Jesus, we have been commissioned to share the good news of the Kingdom bearing witness to the already and not yet of the Kingdom in words and actions.
• Experiencing God: The Kingdom of God is a dynamic realm, existing within the triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For us the experiencing of Gods Kingdom is central to our faith and Christian life.
We value an approach to God’s presence that is respectful both of God and of those we are with. We also believe that as we experience His presence through Jesus by the Holy Spirit we will reflect the image of God as we were created to be.
• Reconciling Community: Jesus is reconciling all of us to God, and to each other in breaking down divisions between Jew & Gentile, slave & free, male and female. Therefore, we are committed to becoming a healing community engaged in the restoring work of reconciliation.
• Compassionate Ministry: We lean toward the lost, the poor, the outcast, and the outsider with the compassion of Jesus, as we totally depend on the mercy of God. This mercy can only be truly received inasmuch as we are willing to give it away.
• Culturally Relevant: The church exists for the sake of those who are exiled from God. We are called to bring the gospel of the kingdom to every corner, alley, and doorstep, simply translating the message of Jesus into language and forms that are relevant to diverse peoples and cultures. As we say in the Vineyard, “we choose to live our lives naturally super natural”.